The Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC) is an elite leadership group that serves as a connection between teams, administration, and the Northeastern community. The council is comprised of student athletes from each sport, who serve to represent the interests, opinions and concerns of the Northeastern student athletes.
SAAC provides an opportunity to enhance leadership abilities and make an impact on individual teams, within the department of athletics, in the Sterling community and at Northeastern Junior College as a whole.
What does SAAC do?
General committee members are assigned the following duties:
- Attend all SAAC meetings and related events.
- Serve as liaison between the member's respective sport to the committee and the athletic department.
- Serve the needs of fellow student athlete's via leadership and support.
- Enable student-athletes to make meaningful contributions to the community.
- Serve on at least one sub-committee with active involvement.
- Promote high achievement in academics, athletics, personal development and within society.
- Promote the athletic department of all of its various entities.
- Know, understand, and follow the SAAC by-laws.
- Assist in the growth and development of SAAC.
- Assist in the selection and appointment of new members at the end of the academic year.
2016-17 SAAC Projects
- Athletes in Arms (raising mental health awareness, removing stigma and breaking down barriers)
- Petey Awards