The Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC) is an elite leadership group that serves as a connection between teams, administration, and the Northeastern community. The council is comprised of student-athletes from each sport, who serve to represent the interests, opinions, and concerns of the Northeastern student-athletes.
SAAC provides an opportunity to enhance leadership abilities and make an impact on individual teams, within the department of athletics, in the Sterling community and at Northeastern Junior College as a whole.
What does SAAC do?
General committee members are assigned the following duties:
- Attend all SAAC meetings and related events.
- Serve as liaison between the member's respective sport to the committee and the athletic department.
- Serve the needs of fellow student athlete's via leadership and support.
- Enable student-athletes to make meaningful contributions to the community.
- Serve on at least one sub-committee with active involvement.
- Promote high achievement in academics, athletics, personal development and within society.
- Promote the athletic department of all of its various entities.
- Know, understand, and follow the SAAC by-laws.
- Assist in the growth and development of SAAC.
- Assist in the selection and appointment of new members at the end of the academic year.
2018-19 SAAC Projects
- Athletes in Arms (raising mental health awareness, removing stigma and breaking down barriers)
- Petey Awards