Sept. 24, 2018, Sterling, Colo. — The Northeastern golf teams hosted their tournament at Northeastern 18 last week. The teams' progress has been improving and scores are slowly dropping. Head Coach Vern Harbart had goals for this tournament for individuals and the teams that were met.
The women's team finished in second place again behind Central Wyoming, who has a strong team.
- Jessica Salazar finished in fourth by shooting two great scores, an 89 and 92, totaling 181.
- Baily Kreider was in sixth, as she shot a 99 and 97, totaling 196.
- Angela Cristelli finished in eighth by shooting a 109 and 100, totaling 209.
- Megan Young finished the tournament in 12th, by shooting a 122 and 131, totaling 253.
The men's team finished their highest yet this year and shot their lowest score yet.
- Brett Mattson finished eighth by shooting a 74 and 73, totaling 147.
- San Ostravich finished in 11th with a 75 and 76, totaling 151.
- Logan Wood finished tied at 19th with a 78 and 80, totaling 158.
- Codey Smith shot an 83 and 76, finishing with a 159 that tied him tied 22nd.
- Tate Higgins was a part of that tie in 22nd, as he shot a 77 and 82.
- Tanner Wilmes finished in 25th, as he shot an 80 both days, finishing with a 160.
- Bradon Baxter finished tied for 26th, as he shot an 84 and 77, totaling a 161.
The teams will travel to McCook this week to play in the McCook Tournament at Heritage Hills Golf Course.